Open Water Diver Referral
PADI’s educational system provides a referral training to start the Open Water Diver course in Korea and complete it in Boracay. Any part of this course may be referred to. Additionally, after completing this course, you may dive freely with a buddy in depths of 18 meters or less, from wherever in the world you decide to dive in next!
1. Who is it for?
- For those who have tight travel schedules and want to dive in warm water.
- Those who have completed the theoretical training (or theoretical training AND restricted water (pool) training) from any PADI Dive Center or PADI instructor worldwide, and would like to complete the education.
- Applicable age: Ten years or older (10 to 14 years old will be issued as a Junior Open Water Diver)
- Read your Medical Statement and check your health status in advance for the Discover Scuba Diving course. If there is an item you check “YES” for on the medical statement, download and print out the statement and get a doctor’s approval. ≫ Download Medical Statement
- You should have at least eighteen hours of rest time after this diving course before traveling by airplane. Therefore, be sure to schedule one more day before flying after your dive. Note: If your course is three days long, please schedule your flight for at least four nights and five days.
2. How long is the total duration?
Sea World Dive Center has adopted a variety of PADI instructional methods in consideration of your itinerary. You can plan your itinerary efficiently by reviewing the four training options below.
Minimum Travel Period
Open Water Diver Course
Confined + Open Water Dives
3 Nights 5 days
Open Water Diver Course
Open Water Dives
– Diving in Open Water (4 dives)
3 Nights 4 days
※ Important: When preparing your itinerary, it is recommended that you take at least 18 hours of rest after your diving trip. Therefore, please calculate the minimum travel time as “training duration + 1 day” to plan your itinerary around.
3. Documents required for referral training
You must bring a copy of the following documents from the PADI Dive Center or PADI instructor where you learn any part of the Open Water Diver course.
1) Copy of Medical Statement
2) Documents to request Open Water referral training
3) Transfer PIC (Document to register certificate): After completing the course, you must send the online (or paper) PIC to Sea World for issuance of the certificate. Request this from the PADI Dive Center you began the course at or the PADI instructor. You may also connect this with the Sea World instructor at the center.
4) Bring Open Water Diver manual and logbook
4. What will you learn?
- Diving in Confined water + Open water: learn how to play fun and safe in shallow water
- Diving in Open Water: See underwater creatures in the sea and explore in the ocean
1) Fill in the papers for the Open Water Diver Referral course
2) Diving in Confined Water (5 dives): Learn the basic skills necessary to safely scuba dive in shallow water.
3) Diving in Open Water (4 dives): Apply the skills learned in the Confined waters to actual diving situations and learn how to explore the underwater world. We offer 4 open water dives by boat diving.
4) Create a logbook
5. How does the course work?
1) This program is led and supervised by a PADI instructor. The maximum number of students per instructor is limited to two to three for safety and efficiency.
2) Once you complete this course, you will be issued a C-Card, the temporary certification card which is available for 90 days before you receive the actual certification. This Certification will be mailed to your residence within one or two months.
6. What is the schedule?
The PADI Open Water Diver referral can be started at any time, please refer to the sample schedule for your itinerary.
※ Important: The following schedules are samples according to the flight schedule and can be adjusted after consulting with the instructor at the individual’s request. Schedule are subject to change due to sudden weather changes.
7. Course Price
Referral training in Confined + open water : 20,000 pesoes
Referral training in open water : 13,000 pesoes
- Includes : Manual, Logbook, Equipment rental fee, Cost of issuing PADI Open Water Diver certification. (Issued as a Project AWARE card)
- Sea World is a 100% Project AWARE Dive Center.
8. How to make a reservation
1) Online Reservation: You may make a reservation through the Booking/Inquiry link on the homepage.
2) Reservations in Boracay: You may make your reservation by visiting the Sea World location the day before you would like to dive. If you reserve locally, a deposit of 1,000 pesos per person will be required. Reservations for the same day may be difficult to provide, so please make your reservation in advance.