Discover Scuba Diving
Not a diver? Don’t worry! For beginners, we provide the Discover Scuba Diving Program. PADI Diving Program is an opportunity to explore the beautiful underwater world you’ve only seen on TV. Enjoy this special experience safely with Boracay Sea World PADI instructors!
1. Who is it for?
Discover Scuba Diving is a PADI Diving Program for people who are not divers, but for those who are healthy and over ten years old. This course is for all of you those who would like to experience the underwater world on their own, make wonderful memories of their trip and enjoy the experience of taking your first step at becoming an open water diver.
- Applicable age: 10 years or older
- Review your Medical Statement and check your health status for the Discover Scuba Diving Program in advance. (If there is an item you check “YES” for on the medical statement, download and print out the statement and get a doctor’s approval.) ≫ Download Medical Statement
- You should have at least twelve hours of rest time after this diving course before traveling by airplane. Therefore, we recommend this course to be taken earlier in your trip.
- In addition, your adaptation to water may improve throughout this course. If you have plans to go island hopping, taking this course beforehand will surely make your snorkeling adventure more enjoyable!
2. How long should you expect the course to last?
The Discover Scuba Diving Program usually lasts three hours, but may take about four hours during rainy season (June through October).
3. What will you do and learn?
1) Fill in the paperwork for the Discover Scuba Diving Program.
2) You will then take a lesson on the basic scuba diving theory with a diving guidebook.
3) With your instructor, you will then move to shallow water to learn necessary skills for scuba diving such as:
- Basic theory for scuba diving : Pressure, volume, equalization, etc.
- Introduction and Usage of scuba diving equipment
- Basic scuba diving skills: Breathing underwater, equalization, recovery and clearing the regulator, clearing a partially flooded mask and swimming underwater
4. What to expect?
1) This program will be led and supervised by a PADI instructor and one dive master. Up to six participants may be grouped together at a time.
2) After the Discover Scuba Diving course, you will receive a certificate for the completion of the Confined Water Dive 1 and Open Water Dive 1 in your Open Water Diving course. You will also receive a Discover Scuba Diving logbook.
3) Your Discover Scuba Diving Certification Card will be registered on the official PADI website. This certifies that you have already received certain parts of the course education and may continue onto the Open Water Diving Course in the future. Once registered on the PADI website, you will receive the following:
- Ability to begin the PADI E-learning Course
- Receive Discover Scuba Diving eCards
- Receive ScubaEarth Experience Membership
- Digital PADI Diving Society Benefits
5. What is the schedule?
The Discover Scuba Diving Program runs every day, but does not have a fixed time. Our diving schedule is usually set later in the day for the next afternoon. Visit our dive center on the day you arrive to ensure your schedule, or check our schedule by messaging us via Facebook messenger the day you depart from Incheon International Airport. The Discover Scuba Diving schedule is as follows:
- Dry season (December to May): 10:30 am / 12:00 pm / 13:30 pm
- Rainy season (June to November): 9:00 am / 11:00 am / 13:00 pm
6. Course price
- Includes : DSD participant guide book (dive log), equipment rental fee
- There is an additional fee of 500 pesos if you would like to have underwater photos and video taken.
7. How to make a reservation?
1) Online Reservation: You may make a reservation through the Booking/Inquiry link on the homepage.
2) Reservations in Boracay: You may make your reservation by visiting the Sea World location the day before you would like to dive. If you reserve locally, a deposit of 1,000 pesos per person will be required. Reservations for the same day may be difficult to provide, so please make your reservation in advance.