OPEN WATER SCUBA INSTRUCTOR (OWSI)
The core of the Diving Instructor course! As one of the two components of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC), the goal of this course is to prepare you to effectively teach the PADI system and all diver training programs. Through this course you will be able to upgrade your diver training skills as a professional dive instructor. To become an Open Water Scuba Instructor, you must pass the PADI Instructor Exam (IE) and the PADI Instructor Exam. They are conducted fairly by a specially trained PADI Supervisor with a worldwide standardized PADI Exam Assessment System. During the exam (which lasts for two days), we evaluate the instructor candidate’s diving theory, their understanding of the PADI system, the PADI course education ability and the attitude and professionalism as a lecturer.
1. Who is it for?
This course is for those who want to become a PADI Open Water Scuba instructor, those who want to work two jobs, those who would like to lead a regular overseas diving trip, and those who want to live and work overseas.
- Applicable age: 18 years and older
- PADI Divemaster (or qualified equivalent for other training institutions)
- Qualified EFR Instructor
- At least 60 recorded logged dives, including night, dip and underwater navigation dives
- You must have been a diver for at least six months.
- You must have received EFR Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months. ≫ Download Medical Statement
2. What is the duration of this course?
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Course takes at least 6 days, and at least 7 days for the crossover course for instructors from other groups.
※ Important: You should have at least eighteen hours of rest time after this diving course before traveling by airplane. Therefore, be sure to schedule one more day before flying after your dive.
3. What will you learn?
1) Course Orientation: Documentation and Guiding Course Schedule
2) Knowledge development: PADI Course Director-led classroom instruction, PADI system/standards and procedure exam, 5 theories (Physics / Physiology / RDP / Skills and Environment / Equipment) exams
● Online section
• Business of Diving
• Keep Diving
● Curriculum section
• General Standards and Procedures
• Open Water Diver Course
• Advanced Open Water Diver Course
• Rescue Diver Course
• Divemaster Course
• Risk Management
• Developing Knowledge Development Presentation
• Teaching Confined Water
• Conducting Open Water Dives
3) Skill Demonstration Workshop (800m/y Snorkel swimming)
4) To evaluate knowledge development teaching presentation
5) To evaluate confined water teaching presentation
6) To evaluate open water teaching presentation (and Rescue Assessment)
4. Required Documents
1) 2 ID Photos (3*4)
2) Open Water / Advanced Open Water / Rescue / EFR / Divemaster C-Card (Original and Copy)
3) Instructor Application Fee: AUD $257, using a credit card that is available overseas (VISA or MASTERCARD)
4) Instructor Exam Fee: AUD $890, using a credit card that is available overseas (VISA or MASTERCARD)
5. How does the course work?
1) This program is led by a PADI Course Director.
2) Once you have completed this course, you will be able to take the PADI Instructor Exam. If you pass the instructor exam then you become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. After two weeks of passing the exam, you will receive an e-mail of your teaching status, and from then on you will be able to begin your PADI course as a PADI instructor. Your Instructor certification will be mailed to your residence within one or two months.
6. What is the schedule?
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Course is held every two months, six times a year, and the training schedule for 2017 is as follows. If you do not meet the schedule below, you can schedule a personal training session after consultation.
※ Important: Schedules are subject to change due to sudden weather changes.
7. Course Price
45,000 pesos (IDC Crew Pack is not included)
- Includes: Education fee, Equipment rental fee
- Does not include: IDC application fee is AUD $257, Instructor Exam fee is AUD $890. (Australian Dollars only, VISA and MASTERCARD only)
- Not includes: Basic IDC Pak with Guide to Teaching Manual AUD $774.20 (IDC Pak with Guide to Teaching Manual (60134) – Includes: CW & OW Instructor Cue Cards (revised), Advanced Open Water Diver Instructor Cue Cards, RD Instructor Cue Cards, DM Instructor Cue Cards, OW & CW Lesson Planning Slates, OW Prescriptive Lesson Guides CD-ROM (E,S), RD Exam, Peak Performance Buoyancy Instructor Outlines, PADI`s Guide to Teaching Manual with hologram (revised), Diving Knowledge Workbook, Positive Approach Selling DVD, Specialty Course Instructor Manual (Digital, multilingual version, E, F, S), OW Quizzes and Exams (revised), DM exams, PADI Dive Planning & Skill Practice Slate (new), Brochures and other course documentation, Backpack.)
8. How to make a reservation?
1) Online Reservation: You may make a reservation through the Booking/Inquiry board on the homepage.
2) Reservations in Boracay: You may book reservations by visiting the Sea World location one day in advance. If you book locally, you will be required to pay a deposit of 10,000 pesos per person. Making a reservation on the same day may be difficult, so please reserve in advance.