Start a new challenge to change your life right now! The PADI Divemaster course is the first step in the professional diver training which offers education as a dive leader. This course also allows you to expand your diving skills to a higher level and improve your knowledge level of diving theory. You will be trained to work as a dive master at PADI Dive Centers or Resorts around the world through a variety of exercises to assist PADI instructors.
Once you become a Divemaster, you can guide fun-divers in the water as a guide for Discover Local Diving, teach your own skin diver course and issue a certificate. You will also be eligible for PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor training. In addition, you can earn university regular credits in countries such as the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
The PADI Divemaster Course, an introductory level of professional diver training, plays an important role within the PADI’s diver education system. When you complete this course, you can be an assistant instructor in training divers. You may also supervise the diving activities of qualified divers, snorkelers and skin divers. In addition, as a diving specialist, you will help with the safety of divers who are engaged in training or diving activities. Once in a while, you will become an evangelist of the underwater world who lets others know about the pleasures of diving.
1. Who is it for?
This course is for those who would like to become a PADI instructor, those who would like to travel around the world and work at the same time, and for those who wish to guide other divers into a new world as a dive master.
- Applicable age: 18 years or older
- Should be qualified for PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and Rescue Diver (or qualified equivalent from other training institutions)
- You must have at least 40 recorded dives in your logbook.
- You must have received EFR Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months. ≫ Download Medical Statement
- You should have at least eighteen hours of rest time after this diving course before traveling by airplane. Therefore, if your course is three days long, schedule your stay for at least four nights and five days.
2. How long does the course take in total?
PADI Dive Master Course takes at least 14 ~20 days.
※ Important: You should have at least eighteen hours of rest time after this diving course before traveling by airplane. Therefore, be sure to schedule one more day before flying after your dive.
3. What will you learn?
1) Course Orientation: Documentation and Guiding Course Schedule
2) Knowledge development: watch DVD, classroom lesson, knowledge review, final exam
3) Waterskills development: 400 meter/yard Swim, 15 minute Tread, 800 meter/yard Swim, 100 meter/yard Inert Diver tow, Equipment exchange / Diver rescue.
4) Dive Skills Workshop: 20 Scuba Skills and 4 Skin Diving Demonstration Assessments
5) Practical Application: Dive Site Set up and Management, Mapping Project, Dive Briefing, Search and Recovery Scenario, Deep Dive Scenario
6) Program workshop conducted by Divemaster: ReActivate program, supervise skin diver course and snorkeling, Discover Scuba Diving Program in confined water, Discover Scuba Diving Program – Additional open water dive, Discover Local Diving in open water.
7) Practical Assessment: assisting open water student divers in confined water, assisting open water student divers in open water, assisting continuing education student divers in open water, assisting certified divers in open water
8) Evaluation of professionalism
9) After all the training is completed, you will have more than 60 logged dives.
4. Required Documents
1) 2 ID Photos (3*4)
2) Open Water / Advanced Open Water / Rescue / EFR C-Card (Original and Copy)
3) A credit card that is available overseas (such as VISA or MASTERCARD) to make the payment of $202 Australian Dollars for the Divemaster course registration fee.
5. How does the course work?
1) This program is led and supervised by a PADI instructor. The maximum number of students per instructor is limited to two to three for safety and efficiency.
2) Once you complete this course, the Divemaster application form will be sent to PADI. This certification will be mailed to your residence within one or two months.
6. What is the schedule?
The PADI Divemaster course can be started at any time, please refer to the sample schedule for your itinerary.
※ Important: The following schedules are samples according to the flight schedule and may be adjusted after consulting the instructor at the individual’s request. Schedules are subject to change due to sudden weather changes.
7. Course Price
- Divemaster application fee is separate: AUD $202 (Australian dollars, credit card only)
- Includes: Equipment rental fee
- Does not include: AUD $283.05 (Divemaster Crew Pack (60145) – Include Divemaster Manual, Instructor Manual, Divermaster Slates (4), DM Hologram & information sheet, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving Book, Scuba Tune-Up Workbook, Professional Training Log, RDP – Electronic (eRDPML), Discover Scuba Diving Instructor Cue Cards, Decal)
8. How to make a reservation?
1) Online Reservation: You may make a reservation through the Booking/Inquiry board on the homepage.
2) Reservations in Boracay: You may book reservations by visiting the Sea World location one day in advance. If you book locally, you will be required to pay a deposit of 10,000 pesos per person. Making a reservation on the same day may be difficult, so please reserve in advance.